Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 19, 2010


I've been out of touch for a while, not for any particular reason, just didn't really have much to say. We had some busy weekends, and some not so busy weekends. We had a lose-some-braincells weekend (the August long weekend - caipirinhas & too much wine) too - we had some friends over & did a ripper of a jerk pork tenderloin meal - so spicy!!! After doing nothing at all the next day, we spent the holiday Monday making basil pesto with the basil from our garden. We ended up with 8 cups of pesto at the end of it, and there's almost as much basil still left in the garden, so we'll be doing it all again in a few weeks. We've had this week off work, the first true vacation we've had this year. We went up to Midland, and took in the sights there. We visited the Martyr's Shrine first, then Sainte Marie among the Hurons & Wye Marsh the next day. Andrew took one of the more secluded paths into the marsh & ended up face to face with a beaver up a tree. He stayed put long enough for Andrew to get a picture then scampered down the tree & took off into the marsh. Anyway, it was a nice break, and it's a beautiful area. The shrine is so peaceful, it was good to be able to sit & comtemplate, and pray for some of those close to me, especially my aunt, who has had another lung cancer diagnosis. She was diagnosed a few years ago, and had surgery to remove the cancer, but she only had 2 chemo treatments before she had her strokes. We're waiting to hear now how they will treat it this time, if at all. My dad is also having stomach problems, he's had tests to see what's going on. The doctors think he has a condition that is a precursor to cancer, but they aren't sure how advanced it is. We'll know at the end of this month, and we'll be able to decide how to treat it. And on Monday of this week, my mom phoned to tell me that the husband of a dear family friend passed away after routine surgery at the age of 64. He had a heart problem, and I guess his hear couldn't handle it. I can't imagine taking your husband into hospital for something routine, and him never coming home again. It would be devastating, absolutely devastating.

I didn't intend for this post to be a bummer, but that's how it's been around here for the last couple of weeks. Let's hope things get better from here on out, and that referrals start up again. It's been about a month since the last referral. Let's face it, I'm not getting any younger. Have a great week everyone, let's hope only good things are on the horizon!!!

No comments: