Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

34 months? Really?

Yes, it's true! As of today, we have been waiting 34 months for our referral. Who knew, in March of 2009, that we would still be waiting to be matched with our girl. I certainly didn't think so, even during the dark days of the bankruptcy. I'm sure that, karmically, cosmically, there's a reason for all this, but it escapes me. Here's hoping that, one day, hopefully soon, we'll be matched, and none of this waiting & hoping & agonizing will fade away into nothingness. Until then, we wait.....

5 comments:

BCMommy said...

Ugh. I'm just 5 weeks after you and I can't believe it. I remember putting the package in the mail in early April, 2009 and being so full of hope. IAa told us we'd have a referral in 6-8 months because we were looking for a girl age 0-2 years at the time. How laughable.

Honestly, had I known then, we would have gone with Florida, I think. This has been the most horrific wait. But we are so far in it and invested, there's no turning back now. We just sit here, plugging away, watching the months go by, wishing, hoping, dreaming. I sure as heck hope we both don't hit the 3 year mark. I know that's soon, so here's hoping this is our month!

Claire

Janna said...

Well, people who have been getting single referrals lately seem to be getting them just after they've passed the "3 years waiting" mark, and that's early March for us. That also fits into the "we'd be very surprised if you don't have your referral within 6 months" that we were told by the agency. I know when we get our referral, it will all be worth it.

Janna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicki said...

I have everything crossed for you. Would love Jack to have a playmate aboard that boat!

Janna said...

That WOULD be nice! With both of them having curly hair, though, there may be some Velcro-hair issues! How would we get them apart? We'd have to have scissors on our person at all time!