Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day

Hopefully this will be my last Mother's Day as a non-mother - maybe next year we'll at least have a referral. I suppose I am a mommy to my cats, but I don't think that really counts. I don't expect a gift from them, unless it's a hairball or something. Come to think of it, perhaps that was what Pippin was shooting for earlier this week with her 4AM hairball. Too bad it was a few days too early.
We're visiting my parents this weekend, and it will likely be the last time I see my dad before his big kidney surgery on the 21st. Hopefully they'll get the tumour & everything without having to remove the entire kidney. While I'm excited about our trip to the UK (probably our last trip before the baby-retrieving trip to Ethiopia), it's really bad timing. We fly out just 48 hours after Dad's surgery. I know in my heart he'll come through it just fine, but part of me wants to be here just in case. It's been a pretty slow week so far, with the exception of picking up my parents at the airport on Monday. Let's hope the weekend is uneventful too.

No comments: