Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Today's fish is trout a la creme

I hope you like the new "fish" I have added especially for my followers. Since my blog is not all that interesting right now, I thought you'd appreciate the diversion. By the way, if you click your mouse in the fishbowl you will feed the little fishies. As for the title of this post, it comes from one of my favourite British sci-fi comedies, can anyone guess which one?

Had a great weekend, for the most part. Spent Saturday grocery shopping in preparation for the week ahead (and Valentine's Day dinner in particular), then went out that night to a fundraiser for a cousin of our friends that's going to work in a medical clinic in Ethiopia for a few weeks. We raised enough money to purchase a lot of supplies for the clinic, perhaps even a brand new microscope to replace the ancient one they are currently using. It was a really good night! Sunday was a lazy day at home, with a nice dinner (beef tenderloin for me, tuna steak for Andrew). I got Andrew a Superman T-shirt (he loved Superman as a kid) and I got a card. Sigh. Well, at least I got flowers last year. Monday was Family Day, so we celebrated by going to visit my brother & his family. Evie continues to get cuter every day! We had Bill help us install the baby car seat in our van, as we are babysitting Evie overnight in early March, after Jenn's sister's wedding. I can't wait, though I'm really nervous. I guess I'd better start baby-proofing our house! I'm thinking right now that maybe we should put up a baby-gate to block the front room from the kitchen so we can contain her, away from the litter box & the stairs. Just thinking out loud. Sounds like a trip to Babies R Us is in order.

I'm loving watching the Olympics now, and am so proud of how Canada is doing so far! I also LOVED the opening ceremony, especially the poet & kd lang! I love that song (Hallelujah), it makes me cry every time I hear it. What a great time to be Canadian. Now, if we can only get the Zamboni at the speed skating venue to work properly.........

No comments: