Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Yeah! What she said.....

I read a post today on another blogger's blog that really spoke to me. Like Andrew & I, this blogger & her family are adopting from Africa, though through a different country. Her blog is called The Thompson Treehouse (http://www.thompsontreehouse.blogspot.com), I encourage you to follow her story! The post I am referring to is called "Waiting to Exhale", posted on 3.13.12. If you want a little insight into what it's like to be waiting & waiting & waiting to adopt, this is the post to read.

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Awww... thank you for sharing my post!

I have briefly read your story... 3 yrs! I'm sorry... that sucks. :( I waited 16 months on the imaginary Imagine waitlist. I would never have thought when I started this journey that relocating to Kenya for 9 months would be the easiest/quickest way to adopt!! But, that is what International adoption has come to. :(

I really hope the E. program kicks it up a notch (I still follow on the yahoo board)... and you see your referral before too long, as it has been long enough. xox J

Janna said...

Thanks for the feedback, Jo! I hope that you'll be on your way to Kenya soon - I am so looking forward to hearing what life is like in Africa! I, too, hope that a referral isn't too far away for my husband & I. Waiting & putting your life on hold is rough - I hate being in this holding pattern.