Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 24, 2009

I think I'm geeking out

No, I know I'm geeking out. Not many people know that I've wanted to be an archaeologist for as long as I can remember, but lots of people know that I'm a huge history geek, mostly Dark Ages to the Industrial Revolution. Anyhoo, it was announced today that a huge hoard of Anglo-Saxon gold & silver has been discovered in England by an amateur metal-detector person (not sure of the terminology there). Check out this story - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/staffordshire/8272058.stm, it's pretty darn cool (ah, if I could only figure out how to add links in my posts). Now, if I could just find something that cool in my backyard.....

2 comments:

CinnamonOpus said...

DUDE. There are MUCH WORSE THINGS in life than being a history geek! (This from someone who listens to history podcasts all the time. Ahem. )

History geeks RULE!

Vicki said...

Yep - you're geeking out!